The Spanish Language Center (SLC) offers you a high standard of service based on independent inspections carried out by experts. All kinds of services are available: courses, comfort, well-being of students and activities, which are subject to a variety of regular inspections. This demonstrates that our publicity is a faithful and accurate description of the school and the services we provide. These inspections are your guarantee of our quality and you can easily check the details of the inspection records and the organisations that carry them out.
WHY STUDY SPANISH IN CENTER OF INSTITUTE ACCREDITED ASSOCIATE OR CERVANTES?
Associate Centres Network consists of centers whose quality has been explicitly recognized by the Instituto Cervantes. The centers that make up this network are called "Instituto Cervantes Associate Centres" if they are outside of Spain and "accredited centers by the Instituto Cervantes" if they are in Spain.
Being our Accredited Center demonstrates the following points:
- Compliance with quality requirements in the teaching of Spanish.
- Compliance with legal requirements to carry out teaching.
- Adequate resources available for teaching.
- Has a team of teachers with appropriate training and certification.
- Has a lesson plan that ensures adequate progress.
- Set a maximum number of students per class.
- Make a truthful advertising relating to the offer.
- Clearly the prices of courses and ancillary services.
- Attend to complaints and claims.
The Cervantes Institute conducts periodic inspections and accreditations renewed every two years.
The advantages enjoyed by a center that is incorporated into the "Network of Associate Centres", as in our case are:
- Use the name assigned by the Instituto Cervantes in terms of the location of the center, as well as the logo for "Accredited Centre" if it is in Spain, "" Associated Center "if you are outside Spain.
- Join the list of business associates who made public the Instituto Cervantes through all kinds of media.
- Access a network of exclusive use by the Instituto Cervantes created specifically for the Network of Associate Centres ", through which they provide technical guidance in various areas of development of academic activities.
- Receiving the support of the Instituto Cervantes in organizing cultural activities. The Instituto Cervantes, in terms of its budgetary resources, may finance or co-finance certain acts or events.
Spanish Federation of Spanish Schools for Foreigners
It’s the organization which represents Spanish schools accredited in Spain. FEDELE acts for more than 60 schools scattered around the country from north to south. All the schools which belong to this Federation offer a wide variety of top quality Spanish courses, well selected accommodation and an extensive cultural programme.
The IAPA was set up in 1994 to give service and guidance to young people who wish to work as au-pairs abroad and to host families who require these services. In addition, it provides access to a network of highly professional organisations which provide these cultural exchange programmes. Since its inception, the IAPA has been setting the standards of quality and excellence for the au-pair industry.
This website will provide you with all the information you need to become an au-pair or host family. The IAPA is an independent association within the legal framework of the FIYO –Federation of International Youth Travel Organisations (Federación de organizaciones de viajes juveniles internacionales) where you will also find ALTO –Association of Language Travel Organisations (Asociación de organizaciones de viajes lingüsticos).
European Federation of Associations for Teaching Mother Tongues to Foreign Students.
Belonging to ELITE means regular and constant checks. The Federation demands that in each national charter the following is established:
- the existence of a regular and consistent audit
- surveys and checks within these formal audits
- exclusion of schools who don’t follow the required standards
- the collection and regular analysis of student evaluations
- procedure of complaints which students have recorded
- other associations which belong to ELITE are ARELS (United Kingdom), SOUFFLE (France) and ASILS (Italy).
Andalusian Association of Spanish Schools for Foreigners
All schools which belong to AEEA guarantee teaching of the highest quality. Teachers are certified with a suitable university degree and have years of experience dedicated to the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language. In addition, all schools place special emphasis on research into teaching, constantly acquiring teaching methods to suit students’ needs. This quality is guaranteed by being in possession of a certificate (CEELE or an accredited centre of the Cervantes Institute). AEEA will look after the interests of all those students enrolled in any of its associated schools and they can contact the office of the association to lodge any complaints. It makes use of a standard charter and a code of guarantees for the student.
What is the CECE?
The Spanish Confederation of Teaching Centres is a non-profit employers’ association founded in 1977. It represents an ample private educational sector in Spain at all levels, as it shows in the negotiation of pacts, agreements and collective agreements. It also establishes relations with educational organizations. The CECE has more than 5,800 centres.
Its basic objective is the defence of the freedom of teaching just as article 27 of the constitution states. Other aims of the institution are to make advantages and services which are derived from managerial association available to company members.
The confederation is present in all autonomous communities through federations or associations. Furthermore, at the heart of the organization, CECE incorporates diverse sectors which include different sections of the educational world.
What is the CSN?
It’s the Central Committee of Financial Aid for Students. It is the national authority which handles the Swedish financial aid for students, i.e. loans and grants for studies. We also manage the recruitment grant, a grant you may receive if you meet certain criteria.
CSN is the link between the political decisions and our clients, i.e. students, those who are paying a loan as well as refugees and other foreign citizens.
Our work is divided into three parts:
- allocation of student aid and recruitment grants
- repayment of student loans
- allocation and repayment of home equipment loans for refugees and other foreign citizens
To administer all this we need first-rate technology and IT; so we keep developing our systems on a daily basis. We are constantly working to improve our channels of information and to make them easier to access; one example of this is our website. We strive to improve the possibility for our clients to administer some parts of their affairs by themselves.
We are a small organization with a large quantity of clients. At CSN we have approximately 1,000 employees and more than 2.5 million clients. Every year we answer approx 1.2 million calls, which makes us one of the most sought after organizations in Sweden.
Why should you study Spanish in an associated or accredited school of the Instituto Cervantes?
The network of associated centres is made up of institutions whose quality has been clearly recognized by the Instituto Cervantes. Centres which make up this network are called “associated centres” to the Instituto Cervantes if they are based outside Spain and “accredited centres” by the Instituto Cervantes if they are based in Spain.
Our school, being an accredited centre, meets the following criteria:
- fulfils the requirements of quality Spanish language teaching
- complies with legal requirements to carry out teaching activities
- makes use of adequate teaching resources
- has a properly qualified and trained teaching team
- boasts a teaching plan guaranteeing satisfactory progress
- establishes a maximum number of students per class
- presents publicity which accurately reflects the services offered
- addresses complaints and claims
The Instituto Cervantes carries out periodic inspections and renews accreditation permits every 2 years.
The advantages for a centre which is included in the network of associated centres such as ours are:
- employing the denomination assigned by the Instituto Cervantes with the corresponding logo in accordance with location “accredited centre” if in Spain or “associated centre” outside Spain
- forming part of a network of associated centres to be made public by the Instituto Cervantes in all media
- gaining access to a network to be created by the Instituto Cervantes specifically for the sole use of the “network of associate centres”. This will make technical guidance available in different developmental areas of academic study
- receiving the support of the Instituto Cervantes in the organization of cultural events. The Instituto Cervantes, budget allowing will sponsor or co-sponsor certain functions or events
What is “Bildungsurlaub”?
“Bildungsurlaub” is a grant which regional and local German governments award to professionals qualified in different areas.
It’s ”extra paid holiday” so that these professionals can improve their linguistic knowledge or in other fields. In the case of languages, which is what we are interested in, assistance comes in the form of a super-intensive Spanish course of 6 hours a day, 30 hours a week.
People who are given this grant are specialists who are extremely cultured and professional.
The conditions and requirements needed to obtain these grants are set out by the different governments independently.