Spanish Language Center (SLC) is a Language school founded in 1999 by the organization International Au-Pairs Language Abroad Group (IA&LA), which started in 1988. Since then it is a centre of excellent prestige in the language-learning world.
Our school is specialized in teaching Spanish as a foreign language, it is accredited by INSTITUTO CERVANTES. It is also a member of CSN (Central Committee of Financial Aid for Students)
The Spanish language school is located in Marbella. Our students are adults (+16 years old), with a maximum of 10 students, with an average of 3 to 6 per class.
SLC receives annually around 400 students coming from all over the world (Germany, France, Ireland, England, Norway, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, China, America, Africa, Australia, etc.). You will probably find a greater presence of European (65%) and Eastern European (15%) students throughout the year. The mix of university students, Au-Pairs, executives and professionals, and retired people creates an international, culturally rich and varied atmosphere.
If you have decided to learn the purest Spanish, we are sure that we can offer you the very best Spanish language programme, designed according to your individual purposes and needs.
S.L.C. offers an excellent wide range of Spanish language programmes with qualified and experienced teaching staff. In addition of ensuring that your stay remains an unforgettable experience, we aim to ensure that your Spanish course is a success one: By providing a highly effective and proved teaching system, modern school premises, a study and reading room, plus personal attention (inside and outside the classroom) combined with various options of lodging.
Our Spanish Language Center is located in one of the most pristine areas of Marbella. It is situated in the heart of the city, 5 minutes’ walk from the beach and the beautiful old town and easily accessible by bus.
The school is situated on penthouse of a 3 storey building. One amazing part of the building is the sun terrace of about 1.000 m2 with wonderful views to the whole city and the sea, where students can also take their Spanish lessons, especially in summer.
We offer 8 bright classrooms, a very large reception room, which is a common room containing a snack and refreshment machine, a multimedia room, with use of tablets and computers. Furthermore, there is an audio-visual room to watch movies which includes a library. All the rooms are decorated in a Spanish style, fitted with learning tools and air conditioning (hot and cold for those hot summer days and cool winter mornings) in order to make the students stay as pleasant as possible.
In addition there is free Wi-Fi Access in the entire school for all students.
The S.L.C. teaching staff is highly competent and specially trained group of teachers whose speciality lies in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. All teachers have a University degree and are native Spanish speakers. There is great importance put on their professional as well as their interpersonal skills, which ensures a warm and friendly atmosphere for the students.
Our teachers’ goal is to help the students intensively develop their reading, writing and speaking skills in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Each student receives personal attention, inside and outside the classroom. This helps the students solve problems that may arise in addition to improving their knowledge of the Spanish language and culture.
REASONS AND ADVANTAGES TO STUDY AT SLC
- From 1999. Many years of experience in the language learning world.
- Complete flexibility, you can study from a minimum of 1 week to as long as required.
- The mix of our students varies from 16 – 74 years (until now) and they come from more than 40 countries around the world
- Up-to-dated learning methodology and a small class size (maximum of 10 students per class with an average of 3-6) to guarantee a learning process.
- Duration of the lessons: 55 minutes, which granted study the lessons in depth.
- We offer 6 different levels of Spanish, from totally beginners to proficiency level, that is, all the levels that are established in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2.
- The general Spanish Programmes for all levels start every Monday throughout the year.
- We have different offer packages according to the duration of the course and the type of lodging.
- A serious, but very warm and welcoming environment with well trained and highly qualified teachers and a team which helps you anywhere and anytime.
- A wide range of leisure time activities such as interesting cultural workshops (2 free hours per week) and excursions (to book at school).
- The school is situated in the centre of Marbella and easily accessible by bus.
- The School is an Accredited centre to prepare the official Spanish exams called Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) by Instituto Cervantes.
If you think that all this suits you, come and join us – you will not be disappointed! We will gladly welcome you to the S.L.C. world and make your stay as pleasant as possible, with nice and unforgettable memories of our school, city and country.
We look forward to welcoming you soon at our Spanish Language Center ¡Hasta pronto!