A perfect blend of culture and language exchange. Tutors will live with a screened Spanish family, teaching them English (mostly conversional).
The best way for people who is looking for a different way to travel and connect with new people and explore different cultures. They will enjoy a second home with new friends, learning or improving Spanish, becoming more independent and confident, discovering new interests, getting to know themselves better, and also adding an international reference to their CV.
The applicants are welcome to join the programme at any time throughout the year. Most of our placements are in Marbella or Málaga area, but we also have host families living in other cities of Spain. For applicants who stay in Marbella, we offer them the opportunity to join our Spanish language courses at our school, benefiting from special prices:
Special Prices for Tutors 2017
|10 lessons a week|
50€ / week
|12 lessons a week|
55€ / week
|16 lessons a week|
85€ / week
80€ / week
72€ / week
|20 lessons a week|
105€ / week
100€ / week
90€ / week
- Aged minimum 18
- Available for stay a minimum of 4 weeks. The longer the applicant is available the more families will be interested in her/him.
- Fluent in English, Russian, Chinese, German or French. Preferably native speakers
- Formal teaching qualifications are not compulsory
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be a non-smoker or be willing to refrain from smoking at home or accompanied by children
- Airport pick-up
- Private room and full board 7 days a week
- Right to teach private lessons in their free time to earn some pocket money extra by their own.
- Applicants are responsible for their personal expenses.
- Our full assistance during their stay in Spain.
- Volunteering 15 hours each week, tutoring a host family (children and/or parents). Weekends are normally free. He/she will not be asked to perform domestic chores or au-pair duties.
- The applicant will be expected to keep their own room tidy and respect the host family rules and routines.
- Citizens from EU countries do not require a visa.
- Citizens from Non EU countries can stay till 12 weeks on a tourist visa. The applicants who want to stay longer, should apply for a student visa, enrolling in a language course. In this case, we strongly recommend applying to stay in Marbella, as we will ensure the applicant will get all the documents needed regarding to the language course and accommodation. The first step is contact the nearest Spanish consulate for full information and please, let us know for how long they informed that the process will take, how many hours of language course they require, and if it is necessary that the applicant pay for the total amount of the course in advance for the total length of stay in Spain (so she/he will get the confirmation letter and invoice), or on the other hand, if it is sufficient the applicant pay the application fee (so she/he will be provided with the confirmation letter), as each consulate has its own rules.
- Citizens from EU countries (and Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland) should get the European Health Insurance Card before leaving.
- Citizens from Non EU countries will need to get a health insurance covering their whole stay in Spain. We also offer our own insurance, please check here for more info: http://www.spanishlanguagec.com/download/
- 50€ Application fee (non refundable)
- 200€ 2nd payment
- Send the documents required together with the application fee no later than 8 weeks before the expected starting date. In case of any change in the length of stay or the starting date, let us know straightway.
- As soon as we have the first host family who suits the applicant requirements and is interested in her/him, we will email her/him their file.
- If the applicant is agreeing, we will arrange a Skype interview for them both, so they can meet each other before committing.
After the interview, if the applicant likes the family and would like to accept the placement, her/him just need to let us know. As soon as we get the family feedback, we will let the applicant know if everything is confirmed or not.
- In case the family say YES, they both will agree on an arrival date, so the applicant can book a transport ticket. The second payment must be done. And ready to fly!
- In case the family say NO, don’t worry! We will keep on searching for a host family as many times as necessary till we find hers/his.
- If the applicant does not like the family, we need the applicant let us know the reasons so it will help us to find the family who suits more with her/him. Please, note that being flexible is very important.
Documents (can be send in Spanish or English):